The 49èmes Journées des Actinides (JdA-2019) will be held in Erice (Italy) on 14-18 April 2019, hosted by the “Ettore Majorana Foundation and Centre for Scientific Culture” (EMFCSC) (http://www.ccsem.infn.it/ ).
Transport between the conference place and the international airport of Palermo (or the regional airport of Trapani) will be provided to the participants on their arrival/departure day.
The Journées des Actinides is a conference series providing an informal annual forum for the discussion of current research on the physical and chemical properties of actinide elements, their alloys and compounds. Following the editions held in Praia de Porto Novo (Portugal, 2018), Karpacz (Poland, 2017), and Alpe d’Huez (France, 2016), JdA-2019 will include discussion of
- strongly correlated systems, superconductivity, and quantum criticality
- inorganic and organometallic chemistry
- materials and nanomaterials
- theory and band structure
- safety of the nuclear fuel cycle
- nuclear safeguards and security
- actinide production and handling
- radiation protection
- environment contamination, remediation, and decommissioning
JdA-2019 encourages open discussion on different topics, in a mixture of oral presentations and poster sessions. Scientists, engineers, and students from universities, national laboratories, and the nuclear industry are invited to participate and make technical contributions.