Guidelines for Oral and Poster submissions
All oral presentations will have 15 minutes, including 3 minutes of discussion. Authors and session chair persons are asked to strictly follow these time limits. You are expected to notify the session chair person of your presence just before the start of the session so that she/he knows you are present.
All speakers are required to submit an electronic version of their presentation by 8:00 pm of the day prior to their presentation. Presentations must be submitted in Microsoft Power Point format (but may be saved as a PDF). It is strongly recommended that speakers save their Power Point presentations with True Type fonts attached. All presentations will be scanned for viruses and subsequently loaded on the main projector computer for the following day presentations. Authors are strongly encouraged to bring an additional electronic copy for added security against unanticipated software/hardware anomalies.
Presentations prepared on platforms other than Windows (Mac, etc.) should be checked by the Author for compatibility with the Windows Platform prior to the presentation. Animations and movies in Microsoft Windows Media file (wmf) and DivX format will be possible.
All posters are required to conform to Portrait Orientation. Failure to follow this requirement will mean that the poster will not fit on the allotted board.
Poster Board dimensions are 0.90 m wide x 1.10-1.30 m high. If printing on a single page, use size A0 PORTRAIT ORIENTATION (0.84 x 1.19 m). Alternatively, a number of smaller sheets can be used to create a larger collage, but do not go beyond a maximum 'layout' height of 1.1m. The Organization will provide boards and materials to fix your poster.
Poster Authors will have the opportunity to give a short oral presentation (2 minutes) about the content of their poster. Poster Authors are kindly asked to prepare one or two summary slides to be presented orally in 2 minutes maximum.
Reports of new work in any of the topics covered by this Conference are invited for either oral or poster presentation. Authors are requested to indicate their preference. Submissions not accepted for oral presentation will be considered for acceptance as posters.
Abstracts will be reviewed and authors will be informed of provisional acceptance or rejection of the contribution, as oral or poster presentation by February 7th, 2019. Abstracts submitted after February 1st, 2019 will be considered as late abstracts only for poster presentations, and their acceptance will depend on available logistic.
Acceptance of the contribution will be confirmed as soon as the registration fee is paid, at least for one of the authors.
Following the tradition of the previous Journées des Actinides, each registered author can present more than one communication, but only a maximum of one can be oral.
The instructions for abstract submission are identical for oral and poster presentations. Please use the Microsoft Word downloadable template, rename it as “abstract_name.doc” (name = presenting author name, eg. abstract_einstein.doc) and follow the instructions given below.
- The abstract should be 2 pages long (maximum) in the A4 standard format, portrait layout, top margin 3cm, bottom, left and right margins 2.5cm.
- Use Times New Roman or Times Roman font. The title font size is 14 points, bold, centered and two lines maximum. After the title leave a blank line, 12 points size.
- The authors list is 12 points font size, bold, centered and the presenting author underlined. Leave a blank line, 12 points font size, separating the authors from the affiliations.
- Affiliations list is 11 point font size, italic and centered. A full postal address (including, if available, the e-mail) should be given at least for the presenting author.
- A blank line, 12 points font size, separates the affiliations list from the main text. The main text is written in 12 points font size, one-column format. Single spacing is used throughout the abstract.
- The text should describe in a clear and concise way the work to be presented. The use of figures, tables and schemes is encouraged to help the understanding of the work. References are indicated in the text by Arabic numbers between square brackets  and should be listed at the end of the text using standard Science Citation Index format. Captions and references, if necessary, are written in 10 points, font size.
- Please indicate whether you are submitting an oral or a poster presentation.